Garmin GPSMAP® 5212 Radar Pack w/GMR™ 24 HD 5212/GMR24HD Code: 42591
GPSMAP 5212 Radar Pack with GMR 24HD
High tech throughout, even down to the touch of a screen, this network charplotter with preloaded maps comes from Garmins flagship lineup the GPSMAP 5000 series. Sleek and visually stunning, the GPSMAP 5212 features an unprecedented touch screen interface that makes navigation and redesigned marine network operation as easy as pointing your finger.
Enjoy a super-bright touch screen with simplified user interface
With no buttons to push, you can see and select the data you want on the 12.1" diagonal VGA touch screen display. Interface is further simplified with fewer operational steps to navigate. The touch screen display complements a new slim-line design that gives all 5000 series units a flat panel look when flush mounted.
See detail-rich imagery like never before
The GPSMAP 5212 features worldwide satellite imagery and comes preloaded with BlueChart® g2 maps of the coastal United States including Alaska, Hawaii and the Bahamas. The 5212 also offers the optional BlueChart® g2 Vision SD data card, which provides high-resolution aerial reference photos for help navigating tricky harbors and channels or locating spots like area marinas, fuel stops or restaurants. The g2 Vision plug-in data card also allows the GPSMAP 5212 to graphically depict a true 3D mariners eye topside view or fish eye underwater navigation perspective.
Simplify navigation with Auto Guidance
Optional g2 Vision auto guidance technology will help simplify your navigation. Auto Guidance searches all the chart features to suggest the best-known charted route for navigation. It's like having a knowledgeable guide to local hazards and waterways always on deck.
Benefit from Marine Network Capabilities
The 5000 series has all of the same networking capabilities of other multifunction displays within the proprietary Garmin Marine Network, a system that combines GPS, radar, sonar, XM WX Satellite Weather, and other data for unparalleled situational awareness.
Product Features and Specifications:
- Includes WAAS-enabled, 12 parallel channel GPS sensor with 30 ft. cable length
- Display: 5212 12.1-inch, 4096 color capable XGA sunlight readable touch screen display (1024 x 768 pixels) 1400 nits of brightness
- New streamlined user interface offers easy selection of functions and features
- Preloaded with worldwide satellite imagery and highly-detailed BlueChart g2 marine cartography of the coastal United States including Alaska, Hawaii and the Bahamas
- This data provides detailed coastlines, shaded depth contours, navaids, port plans, wrecks, restricted areas and tide and current information.
- Preloaded with Explorer charts covering the Bahamas
- View weather overlays such as NEXRAD weather radar and forecasts, current conditions, wind direction, wave direction, wave height, buoy data, lightning, county warnings and much more with the optional GDL® 30 or GDL 30A
- Fresh new design that has a "flat panel" look when flush mounted
- Single SD memory card slot for BlueChart g2 Vision cards, as well as saving waypoints, routes and tracks to a SD card which can be shared with others
- Auto-dimming display
- Three built-in network ports for connection to a Garmin radar, GDL 30/30, GSD 22 sounder, or another MFD
- Compatible with all Garmin Marine Network peripherals
- Two video inputs for onboard cameras supports PAL & NTSC video signals
- 1 XGA (5212) PC monitor video output
- Four NMEA 0183 inputs and two NMEA0183 outputs supports both AIS and DSC
- Supports NMEA 2000
- Unit dimensions: GPSMAP 5212 13"W x 9.5"H x 4.7"D
- Alarms for anchor drag, arrival, off-course, proximity waypoint, clock, low battery voltage and GPS accuracy
- Waterproof: IPX7 submersible
- Power down backup of settings: customer settings are not lost when the unit is turned off
Enable the full functionality of the GPSMAP 5000-series with the addition of a BlueChart g2 Vision SD cardBlueChart g2 Vision cards provide:
- High-resolution satellite imagery when overlaid on the chart, will provide the mariner with unparalleled situational awareness
- Aerial reference photography provides "real world" photos of ports, harbors, marinas, waterways, navigation landmarks and other points of interest, offering the mariner another powerful tool for navigating unfamiliar waters
- Mariners Eye view
- Provides the mariner with a 3-D perspective of chart information for a quick, reliable and easy position fix.
- Fish Eye view 3D perspective below the water line for displaying bottom contours based on bathymetric charting data
- Auto guidance technology will search the attributes of all relevant charts to suggest the best course for navigation
- Fishing charts, tides, currents, marine services, coastal roads and points of interest detail
GMR 24 HD
Sharpen your radar picture with high definition. The GMR 24 HD radar scanner offers a whole new level of radar performance, safety and situational awareness.
Get Powerful Performance
GMR 24 HD features high-powered Digital Signal Processing, providing sharper radar imagery and improved target separation to recreational boaters, professional mariners and yachtsmen.
This 24-inch, 4-kilowatt high definition radar has a 3.6 degree beamwidth and a 48 nm range. With automatic pulse optimization technology, the radar matches pulse widths and repetition rates with the nautical mile range that is selected. This gives you powerful 4-kilowatt radar penetration and unbelievably clear echo definition at all ranges up to 48 nm.
To help you avoid traffic on the water, the GMR 24 HD provides the option of MARPA target tracking when combined with a multi-function display and an optional heading sensor. MARPA tracking allows you to track the bearing, course, speed and predicted closest approach of up to 10 targets. In addition, like all Garmin radars, the GMR 24 HD has self-contained signal processing, which provides you with a more precise, easy to read signature.
Connect to the Garmin Marine Network
The GMR 24 HD transmits data over the Garmin Marine Network, a 100-megabit plug-and-play proprietary network that gives you the ability to expand your boats system as needed. Once connected to the network, you can use any network-compatible Garmin chartplotter as your radar screen. And as an aid to locational awareness, you can overlay the GMR 24 HD radar image on the chartplotter's map page. You can also split the on-screen display so that you can view the map and the standard radar page simultaneously.